There is an increase in software architecture related events in the recent years. Here are the ones that caught my eye.
Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA)
SEI Architecture Technology User Network Conferences (SATURN)
International Association of Software Architects hold regional events (IASA)
Federated Events on Component-Based Software Engineering and Software Architecture (CompArch) which include
- International Conference Series on the Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA)
- International Symposium on Component Based Software Engineering (CBSE
- International Workshop on Component-Oriented Programming (WCOP)
- International Symposium on Architecting Critical Systems (ISARCS)
European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA)
Workshop on Architecting Dependable Systems (WADS)
Workshop on the Role of Software Architecture for Testing and Analysis (ROSATEA)
Workshop on Views On Designing Complex Architectures (VODCA)
Workshops on Architecture Related topics during International Conference of Software Engineering 2009
- Sharing and Reusing Architectural Knowledge (SHARK)
- Leadership and Management in Software Architecture (LMSA)
Object-oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications (OOPSLA)
European Conference on Model Driven Architecture Foundations and Applications (ECMDA)
Upcoming Special Issues
IEEE Software Issue on Agility and Architecture – Oil and Water?
Empirical Software Engineering Journal Special Issue on Empirical Studies in Software Architecture: Opportunities, Approaches, and Challenges.
What can one find (or not) on this list:
- The list only has software architecture related, recurring events, in no particular order. There are also special events such as the recently held Software Architecture Challenges in the 21st Century Workshop (SAC-21) .
- The list contains only active events and does not include historically successful ones such as SD West, SD Best Practices and Architecture & Design World by TechWeb.
- The list does not include any general software engineering event that may have some software architecture focus.
- The list is not and does not aim to be complete (PLEASE DO ADD TO IT!)
What does the list communicate – in addition to being a convenient one-stop collection of upcoming and recent software architecture related events :
- Architecture-centric engineering is a key sub-discipline of software engineering. Its practitioners aspire for continuing education via attending such events.
- Software architecture practitioners and researchers have a need for sharing their experiences in different formats and venues.
- There are more research-related events than practitioner events that are solely dedicated to software architecture, although software architecture tracks definitely are central in general developer events like JavaOne.
- The variety of breadth and depth of such events may facilitate canonical solutions to common problems to emerge– possibly contributing to the maturation of the discipline.
Ipek Ozkaya, SEI