It seems like only yesterday that we were in Minneapolis for the SATURN 2010 Conference, and now it’s time to start planning for SATURN 2011. This will mark my first year as conference chair, taking the reins from the very capable hands of Ipek Ozkaya who has chaired the conference since its inception.
In 2011, the conference will be held from May 16th through May 20th in beautiful San Mateo County, California.
The theme for SATURN 2011 is Architecting the Future. In celebration of SATURN’s 7th anniversary, the conference will explore “7 things you need to know about the next 7 years in architecture.”
The 7 things that we have chosen are
- Architecture is Not Just for Architects (the role of developers, business analysts, project managers, testers, financial analysts, executives)
- Architecture, Agile Development, and Business Agility
- Soft Skills for Architects
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Cloud Computing
- Architectural Knowledge Management
- Architecting to Meet Tomorrow’s Global Challenges–Health Care, the Smart Grid, the Environment …
- Model-Driven Architecting
The call for submissions is now open. We will be accepting abstracts for presentations (1/2 hour, 45 minutes, or 1 hour) and tutorials (4 hours) through November 30th.
To learn more about the conference and the submission process, visit the SATURN 2011 website.
SATURN is a practitioner’s conference. We know you’re doing great things. This is your chance to share your experience and practices with the rest of the SATURN community.
Nanette Brown – SEI