Registration for the tenth annual SEI Architecture Technology User Network (SATURN ) 2013 software architecture conference is now open. SATURN 2014 will take place at the Portland Downtown Waterfront Hotel in Portland, Oregon, from May 5-9 and will feature keynote presentations by leaders in the field of software architecture:
- Joe Justice of Scrum Inc., and Team Wikispeed, which built a 100+ mpg car in less than three months for the X-Prize using Agile, Lean, and Scrum: (see http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/TEDxRainier-Joe-Justice-WikiSpe)
- Jerome Pesenti, Vice President of Watson Core Technology at IBM and former co-founder of Vivisimo, the innovate search solutions company
- Bill Opdyke, Architecture Lead (Corporate Internet Group) at J.P. Morgan Chase, who is best known for having done the first in-depth study of code re-factoring as a software engineering technique
Also participating in SATURN this year will be Diana Larsen (http://futureworksconsulting.com), who will facilitate an Open Space event that will run concurrently with the conference and provide a valuable forum for networking and sharing of ideas and solutions.
The SATURN 2014 Conference includes an extensive program of technical sessions on the themes of Technology, Methods and Tools, and Leadership and Business. SATURN 2014 will also offer practical tutorials, one two-day SEI course, and two one-day SEI courses. The conference provides attendees with the opportunity to network with international industry leaders in software architecture.
SATURN 2014 now features a three-tiered pricing structure for conference registration:
- Super Early-Bird (Until March 3): $750
- Early-Bird (March 4–March 25): $850
- Regular Rate (After March 25): $1100
Attendees will receive 10 percent off all tutorials if they enroll in two or more. The pricing for half-day tutorials is as follows:
- Before March 25, $400
- After March 25, $500
One full-day tutorial will be priced at $800 before March 25 and $1000 thereafter.
For the fifth year, IEEE Software magazine will collaborate with the SEI on the SATURN Conference. The extended collaboration continues to enhance the conference experience for participants with talks by IEEE Software board members, networking events, speaker awards, and the opportunity for SATURN presenters to be published in an issue of IEEE Software magazine.